My mom and I are back from Paris, and the trip was the shot in the arm we both needed. (Thank you for all your recs!) I’m excited to write a longer recap in a couple days — including where we stayed and ate — but in the meantime, just for fun, I wanted to share a few things we spotted people wearing. Here goes…
1. Not breaking news, but I noticed again how many French women wear their hair windswept and bedhead-y, versus perfectly polished. Some funny evidence? When I stopped brushing my hair halfway through our trip, more shopkeepers spoke to me in French and no less than three older French ladies approached me for directions. (Best three moments of my life lol.)
2. Jannelle recently wrote about fanny packs, and holy smokes, the sac banane is A Thing in Paris. Most seemed to be from the brand Rivedroite, and the XL in military green slung over the chest looked especially cool.
3. Speaking of green, the color was everywhere: blazers, shirts, sweaters, you name it. I like how green reads as a neutral but feels a little more fun than black, navy or tan, don’t you?
4. As always, many people were wearing sneakers, including Veja, Adidas, Nike and Reebok, but New Balance was the brand we noticed most. (I also like the low profile of this ivory pair.)
5. Pearl rings. During the week, we hung out a lot with my friend’s friend Cassi, who lives in Paris and wears a pearl gumball ring. I’m not sure if this is a city-wide trend, but I’m pointing it out regardless because it was so gorgeous!
6. Many women wore belted jackets and coats (even puffers). Not just classic beige trenches — although we did see those — but many other colors, like green (plus), black and red.
7. Chunky scarves on everyone, everywhere, always and forever. They’re such an easy way to make a cold-weather outfit look special. Funny story: On my way home, before security, the airport played a special video reminding people to remove their scarves — it showed an animated line drawing of a French man wearing a scarf and then the scarf floated off him. That’s how to do it!
Thoughts? Would you wear any, or do you already? If you live in Paris, do these ring true?
P.S. Women share their beauty uniforms, and the weirdest best part of trips.
Note: If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission or have a sponsored relationship with the brand, at no cost to you. We recommend only products we genuinely like. Thank you so much.
Link to original article on https://cupofjo.com/2023/02/28/paris-street-style/
Leave a Comment